It was one degree above zero, a breeze containing knives of cold stabbing at my fingers and there I am stood on a high point in Leicestershire. The tops of high buildings and those on higher ground in Melton Mowbray visible behind me, a view to the North-East across the North end of Leicestershire visible to anyone brave or daft enough to look headlong into it, carrying the blades of ice from over my right shoulder.
Ahead of me the last valley of Leicestershire and the first hill of Rutland The sun lighting the clouds above this hill with purples and pinks ahead of it's arrival to the county. As it's appearance draws closer the hues of a summers sunset take precedence in the sky, and then there it is, just a tip of the sun on the horizon, rising quickly and lighting up the day as it moves up and right across the line of trees on the ridge in front of me.
A breathtaking sight, or is that the wind removing air from my lungs? It really was a sight to see, if a little difficult to expose for.
I have to admit though, as I drove away afterwards, the cars heading towards me had pink headlights but, thankfully, as I was expecting some reaction, I had only used one eye in the camera viewfinder. So my left eye could still see quite clearly with the snow-blinded right being able to offer some definition for proximity sensing.
![]() | |
| Partial Solar Eclipse. Jan 4th 2011 08:25 Leesthorpe, Leicestershire,England UK |

No comments:
Post a Comment